Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chick Chat: Bumper, Cars

Has anyone else noticed the decrease in Obama '08 stickers on cars?

It is kind of funny because I had asked myself this question a couple days ago and hadn't had time to do a little write up about it. Then today when perusing the cartoons I found this gem...



Just a couple months ago I used to see a lot more bumper sticker supporting the President. You would drive around and see everything from Prius' to Lexus', Hummer's to Clunker's to Mercedes' sporting the nifty little blue bumper sticker supporting our dear Barry O.

But it seems that many of these supporters are either
a.) taking the stickers off because they are as embarrassed to be associated with this outrages, irresponsible administration
or
b.)Unable to pay for gas to drive around

I have a very Conservative, very outspoken, talk-radio-on-speed-dial cousin that lives in Memphis and I laughed when she said she would not take off her McCain/Palin bumper sticker. She wanted people to know that this mess we currently find ouselves in, wasn't her fault. The more I think about it and the more time that passes the more this logic makes sense. Obama's approval rating is steadily falling, Gallup's Daily Poll came in at the lowest mark yet with 50% approval. I had never seen bumper stickers as a true reflection of the countries 'mood' but it definitely seems to be in this case!

..............................................


1 comment:

  1. You are totally on track with that observation. I notice while driving to work today that I didn't see one bumper sticker.

    Oh and great job with this blog. I like coming to see what a young conservative is thinking now and again.

    sunangel4ever@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Counter