Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pharma Deal

http://washingtonindependent.com/54961/secret-deal-between-white-house-and-big-pharma
http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2009/08/presidents-80-billion-pharma-deal-was.html

Gibbs, White House Press Secretary: Town halls not indicative of what's going on in America.

Pharma deal:
Reporter: Can you say they were promised nothing in return?
Gibbs: We have come to an agreement to seek some saving from the pharm industry as part of health care reform.
Reporter: At what point are you going to release facts of the deals?
Gibbs: I think some of it will be written into the legislations that we will hopefully see going through Congress real soon
R: Why not release it now?
As I said yesterday some of those agreements are on the finance committee website

This should be interesting...
Major: Coulple things on the Public Option, it wasn't listed in the email that David Axelrod sent out today when he was defining prinicple goals for health care reform by my reading of it I didnt see any mention of a public option as a mechanism for achieving what you just allied
Gibb: Let me be clear, I though I wasn't going to do it but I'll take another wack at it. This is an option that provides choice and competition in an otherwise closed or narrow insurance market. That's the President's goal is to ensure that it ... you have something that competes with the only game in town. I believe that is in David's email.
Major: Speaking of Davids's email how is the list for who it receives it determined?
Gibbs: I believe its from people who have signed up to receive email updates from the white house
Major: The reason I ask
OFA has nothing to do with what
People who have never signed up for anything related to Obama's anything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter