Friday, September 11, 2009

On the Way to March on Washington

I'm about to leave for Washington D.C.!! I am so excited to attend this protest and I truly believe it is going to be a really big event. If you have never been to a protest I strongly suggest it! The feeling you get when you talk to someone whose just as frustrated, just as angry, just as disappointed as you are is overwhelmingly satisfying. I have people in my life that are active and upset, but to meet people who are willing to take action just spurs you to involve yourself even more! So take that first step. If your near D.C. pack up your car and your kids and head over for a historic day. Find a place in a city near you where there is a protest taking place and do the same thing! Take the Step!!

I'm leaving this morning, will be seeing some family later today and then resting up for game day. Here is a summary of the things going on:

Agenda, Saturday, 9-12
9:00am: Crowd gathers at Freedom Plaza
11:30am: March on the Capitol Begins down Pennsylvania Ave. (See Map)
1:00pm: March ends and Rally Begins at West Front of the U.S. Capitol Click here to register for the March on Washington!


Sunday I will be spending time with family and Mon-Tues I will be doing a little sightseeing but I will update after the protest and then try to do my best to throw some other good things out there.

Oh and don't forget that you can TAKE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter